Searlie's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Submitted Moderator Applications' started by Searlie, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Searlie

Searlie Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    Mickduncher
    Minecraft Username:
    Searlie

Discord Tag:
    Searlie \9740

How long you have been playing on JurassicPvP?
    Since january

A player sends you a message in-game asking you how to appeal a ban. How do you respond?
    I would inform the user that He will need to create a forums account and to submit a ban appeal while also giving them a link to the webpage.

You are a Mod on the server and you find a player blatantly hacking. What do you do??
    I will ensure that the player does not harm any other players via killing/phasing and affecting the overall experience for players by instantly freezing them and asking for them to /admit or to screenshare them.

You suspect a player hacking but are not sure. You are not SS Verified so what do you do??
    In this case I would freeze the player inform that I will need to talk to them in discord and I will ask for another moderator who is SS verified to assist and to teach me how to screenshare someone but if that is not available I will check the players logs for if any client was previously used on the server or to search the %temp% folder to see whether they are using any unfair advantage tools such as an auto clicker.

You disagree with a decision of a Helper. You are found to have an argument with them in staff chat. What would you do??
    In this situation I will talk to the helper to see their point of view on the situation but then i will inform the administration team that what this helper may be doing is wrong and to get a full explanation of what is right and what is wrong in the situation is given.

You disagree with a decision of a Sr. Mod. You are found to have an argument with them in staff chat. What would you do??
    Within this situation I will still inform to an administrator that I feel as if a decision of a sr.mod was wrong but honestly there is not much I can do until I can either get in discord with an admin or for them to atleast see my message towards them.

Are you on our discord server and own a working microphone with understandable quality?
    Yes

Have you been punished on the server before? If so, for how long and why?
    Yes I have been punished multiple times on the server all for cheating which i do not condone at all and I was completly out of order for me to do this on the server.

Do you have any previous staff experience? If so, please describe it and tell us why you left or you were removed?
    I have previous staff experience on a server called fantasycloud but I had to resign due to my college catching up a bit and for my college work to be more important but this will not happen now due to me having more time off and I completely finish college within the next 2 months.

Why do you want to be staff and/or why will you be a good staff member on JurassicPvP.
    I would like to be staff on the network as I feel like I will be on within the out of peek hours or the school hours for EU which is when a lot of hackers come on to phase bases while also cheating on players both which ruin players experiences which will then allow for me to make the overall player experience of a certain timezone better. I think I will be able to be a good staff member due to being able to be on when other staff members will not be and that I will also be able to sufficiently SS players during these timezones.

What experience do you have with Hackers and Screen-Sharing?.
    I have a lot of experience with hackers for many reasons,

1. I hacked for a very long time and was able to learn alot about clients and how they work

2. I have experience of me being a moderator on fantasycloud which I was able to learn ways of making a cheater be more blatant.

3. I have a decent amount of experience with screensharing due to me being screen shared and I learnt ways myself to hide clients/auto clickers

You will not mention or talk about your staff application to a staff member or any authority before an answer has been determined. Breaking this agreement will result in instant denial and further punishment.
    Agree

If you are accepted as a staff member, you will agree and not cause arguments or disputes about decisions that you do not agree with.
    Agree

If you are denied or rejected, you agree that you will not re-apply for one week. If you break this rule, you may never be able to apply again.
    Agree

2. Av3ry18

Av3ry18 Helper Helper

Asleep
    Ratings:
    +35 / 1 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    Av3ry18
    Decent app, some grammar errors, but doesn't meet requirements

3. Searlie

Searlie Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    Mickduncher
    Hey Av3ry18,
    Dont really know who you are but can you tell me where I dont meet the requirements and would also know why/how you are able to see this application as I feel it should be private?

4. Moqe

Moqe Moderator Moderator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    Moqe
    Most submitted threads on the forums are public. If i’m honest, i do not know the exact reason. However, i would assume that it is to see what the community thinks about things like this and can put their opinions on what they think of the application and the person in general.

5. Searlie

Searlie Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    Mickduncher
    My only issue is that this could come under the data protection act as If I had put my personal information into this at all like my age for example if I gave any more my data is then free to be roamed by any user of this forum

6. Searlie

Searlie Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    Mickduncher
  7. EasyKoth

EasyKoth Moderator Moderator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    EasyKoth
  8. Av3ry18

Av3ry18 Helper Helper

Asleep
    Ratings:
    +35 / 1 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    Av3ry18
    First off, did you really have to start off by saying this, It doesn't matter who I am, I'm a community member who gives feedback.
    Second, If you have a severe problem with other people seeing your application, you should've noticed that you have the ability to see other applications, and with that basic logic, should comprehend your application would also be seen publicly

9. GenBear

GenBear Well-Known Member Beta Tester

Ratings:
    +21 / 11 / -1
    Minecraft Username:
    GenBear
    Not all requirements are met for moderator, plus grammar and spelling mistakes can be found as well

10. Searlie

Searlie Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    Mickduncher
    I understand where you guys are coming from but there is always room to improve in each aspect that is criticized and av3ry I wasn't aiming it as a dig towards you I was giving a simple example on how the computer misuse act was nearly breached as my data can be seen by others who I may not want too see it, in this situation I personally don't care but if someone submitted personal information that is when there may be problems.

11. Suksum

Suksum Moderator Moderator

Ratings:
    +6 / 2 / -0
    Minecraft Username:
    suksum
    -1 as you said you were punished multiple times. Which means you didn't learn your lesson the first time and kept hacking.
    And also grammar and spelling errors.