Accepted ZayionB7's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Staff Applications' started by Zayion, Jun 12, 2018.

?

Should this player become a staff member?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2018.
  1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zayion

Zayion New Member

Minecraft Username:
    ZayionB7
    Current Faction:
    Dynasty
    Discord User Tag:
    Zayion#9077
    Short Answer Questions (1-25 words)

What is your IGN?
    ZayionB7

What is your age?

What email should we use to contact you?
    jmanonyango@gmail.com

How long have you been playing on Fable Factions?
    I've played on Fable Factions since 2016, Season 5. I've played seasons after, it's just that I was not aware of the server's presence.

What is your current rank on the server?
    Explorer - originally
    Firemaster - bought
    Fabler - bought

*edited by @Landon*

What is your current timezone?
    EST

What is your discord tag?
    Zayion#9077

Long Answer (25-200 words)

Are you on our discord server and own a working microphone with understandable quality?
    I have a microphone with understandable quality. I own a SADES headset.

Are you able to upload video evidence? If so, where?
    I can upload video evidence to my youtube channel, https://youtube.com/zayionplays

How many hours do you spend on the server each week?
    I usually spend a decent amount of time playing Minecraft, if I were to give an estimate it would be around 4-5. On weekends, I am more readily available, and I can spend up to 7 hours on the server.

If you could change/add/remove something from the server, what would it be and why?
    The one thing I would change about the server is the hosting of the server. I know this has been said before, but I have more to say. A regular Minecraft host ($1/gb) is not very effective for what the server itself is trying to accomplish. A VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a Dedicated Server would work fine, but you would just need to money to buy this. Not only is this more effective for it's price, it would also benefit you as Multicraft, your server panel, actually slows down the server, and has been proven to do this on multiple occasions on different servers. If I were you, some recommended hosts for either of these would be Nexril, or PebbleHost, owned by reputable Minecraft community members. The REAL advantage to buying these is that they have self-owned hardware, meaning your server's security is nothing to worry about. Meanwhile, many of today's hosts buy remote hardware and your server could be compromised.

Have you been punished on the server before? If so, for how long and why?
    Yes, I was falsely banned back in 2016 due to Ban Evading when infact it was another member who had linked his account to mine via a public wifi connection.

Since then, I have had no infractions of any kind.

Do you have previous experience with being a staff member? If so, what position and on what server?
    I have been a staff member on multiple servers.

The most NOTABLE staff experience I have ever had was at War Nation, a server owned by Beadle, myself, and OhhhZenix. This server ran way back around a year ago, and found VERY good success, bringing in about 200 players on each release and it brought in a consistent 100 playerbase. What I did at this server was manage the buycraft, manage the discord, handle player support in game, and worked on the builds. I was the first member other than Beadle to join this project, and we spawned a line of very successful servers, including the one and only EnchantsMC, a server with a consistent 200+ playerbase that spawned in over 50,000 USD. I sadly was demoted from this project, for the reason of me not being active enough and being enough of a contribution to the project. This was during a time where I was going through a good amount of exams.

I can have Beadle personally vouch for me if you do not believe me.

This is not directly related to minecraft, but my experience with discord is plentiful. Ever since I installed this application, back in November of 2016, I have been putting myself to good use. I have successfully setup over 20 discord servers, and continue to make servers today. I have good experience with setting up discord bots, channels, roles, categories, and other discord related situations. You name it, I know it.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member on Fable Factions?
    The actual definition for good, by the Oxford Dictionary is to be desired of. What I think is desired as a staff member is your relation with the players around you and how well you connect with them. For example, as a staff member, you should not treat players as if you were higher than them. I feel as if I can connect and relate to the players while staffing on the server at the same time.

Why would you be a good staff member?
    My experience with War Nation highly contributes to my ability of being a staff member. I spent about eight months on that project, and the result was absolutely well.

Another reason why I would be a good staff member is because I am laid-back. What's so good about being a laid-back person is that you won't easily get pissed off, which I see happen a lot on the server. Being calm and cool in any situation only plays out for the best.

I am also a longtime player. Having played this game since 2012, I know the ins and outs of the community and the players. As said above, being able to connect and relate with your players is only a trait that will play out for the best when being a staff member.

I am honest as well. Being honest about situations and what you've done shows that you care for the server.

You are a Helper on the server and you found a rule breaker. However, you were not able to punish them accordingly. How would you handle the situation?
    If I can't find someone to punish them, I would not be immature and spam the /kick command. I would contact a higher up staff member to deal with the situation. I would do all of this while being calm, cool, and collected. Being stressed over some hacker or rule breaker would not result in anything good.

Anything else we should know?
    I usually spend a lot of my time listening to music, watching Netflix (primarily the LEGO Ninjago series, have watched this since 2011), and browsing the internet looking at memes. I'm a chilled and relaxed guy, and I don't mind being spammed or bugged. I'm always down to talk and have some fun. I dabble in graphic design a bit as well. I'm just a dude.

Agreements - You must answer these.

You will not mention or talk about your staff application to a staff member or any authority before an answer has been determined. Breaking this agreement will result in instant denial and further punishment.
    Agree

If you are accepted as a staff member, you will agree and not cause arguments or disputes about decisions that you do not agree with.
    Agree

If you are denied or rejected, you agree that you will not re-apply for one week. If you break this rule, you may never be able to apply again.
    Agree

2. AqyaPlays

AqyaPlays New Member

Minecraft Username:
    AqyaPlays
    Current Faction:
    Tiddlers
    Discord User Tag:
    Drem#0184
    Pros -
    - Detailed Application
    - Dedicated Member
    - Nice Person

Cons -
    - Not Very Active

I am going to give you a +0.5, I love your application but, your forum activity is very low.

MPro2005 likes this.
  3. Zayion

Zayion New Member

Minecraft Username:
    ZayionB7
    Current Faction:
    Dynasty
    Discord User Tag:
    Zayion#9077
    I'm not new to the server - I've been lurking around forever, lol. My discord activity is pretty high.
    Have any tips?

4. Zayion

Zayion New Member

Minecraft Username:
    ZayionB7
    Current Faction:
    Dynasty
    Discord User Tag:
    Zayion#9077
    UPDATE:
    I am now Discoverer rank.

5. RedWildinq

RedWildinq Guest

+2 - You're active on the game and on the discord, you're also mature and you have experience of being a staff member. -RedWildinq

MPro2005 likes this.
  6. Zayion

Zayion New Member

Minecraft Username:
    ZayionB7
    Current Faction:
    Dynasty
    Discord User Tag:
    Zayion#9077
    UPDATE:
    I have purchased the Firemaster rank as of today.

7. NoCalories

NoCalories New Member

Minecraft Username:
    PinkJelly
    Current Faction:
    Revolution
    Discord User Tag:
    James F.#8433
    +1 quite detailed, very active and a very friendly user.

MPro2005 likes this.
  8. Zayion

Zayion New Member

Minecraft Username:
    ZayionB7
    Current Faction:
    Dynasty
    Discord User Tag:
    Zayion#9077
    UPDATE:
    I am now FABLER Rank.

9. Pablo

Pablo Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    Pablowo
    Discord User Tag:
    Pablo/Pyramids#8978
    I'd give you a +1 you have some sort of experience and know how to handle situations professionally. However, I am used to seeing better-worded and longer apps when I see other applications on other server's or a discord, so I don't think you're at your full potential but I'd like to give you a shot and see what you have to offer

10. C5I

C5I Former Administrator

Minecraft Username:
    C5I
    Current Faction:
    Nameless
    Discord User Tag:
    Plux#0550
    +2 Good detail, I know your experience is good.

11. Zayion

Zayion New Member

Minecraft Username:
    ZayionB7
    Current Faction:
    Dynasty
    Discord User Tag:
    Zayion#9077
    Thanks all of you :)

12. Landon

Landon Owner
    Owner YouTuber Development Founder

Minecraft Username:
    LandonEZ
    Current Faction:
    Owners
    Discord User Tag:
    Landon#7478
    LandonEZ
    Zayion,
    I have been looking through the details that others have replied to your application.

Pros:
    • Active
    • Dedicated
    • Detailed
    Cons:
    • Old Staff

After looking over this, I have decided to INTERVIEW you.

Here's how to get it set up:
    1. Go to #bot-commands
    2. Just type "-new Staff Interview" without the quotations
    3. Then, at the top of the channel list you will find the ticket you made.
    4. Click on that ticket and it will open a text channel.
    5. Then just say "I am ready for my application."
    After I make my decision, I will adjust ranks accordingly and move this application.

Good luck,
    The Staff Team

13. Zayion

Zayion New Member

Minecraft Username:
    ZayionB7
    Current Faction:
    Dynasty
    Discord User Tag:
    Zayion#9077
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.